The Family Court Support Program provides support for female victims of Domestic Violence who are involved in the Family court process. This program aims to assist victims in accessing services and supports.
Who Qualifies for the Family Court Support Program
The Family Court Support Program is offered to ALL women involved in the Family Court process.
The Family Court Support Program offers:
- Information about family law procedures and proccesses
- Assistance with recording the history of abuse for court documents
- Safety Planning related to court attendances
- Debriefing of lawyers appointments, court outcomes, Family Law Information Centre meetings, and consultations with Duty Counsel
- Accompaniment to family court proceedings
- Assistance through the legal process
- Information and support in accessing Legal Aid and other community supports and services
What could happen in Family Law
- Child Protection Cases
- Custody and Access
- Child Support, Spousal Support
- Property Division
- Restraining Orders
- www.ontariocourtforms.on.ca (Family Court Forms)
- www.cleonet.ca (Community Legal Education Ontario)
- www.springtideresources.org (Training and resources on abuse and violence against women)
- www.goodparentspay.com (Family Responsibility Office)
- www.canlii.org (Family Court Support bible)
- www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca (Ministry of The Attorney General)
* It is important to note that the Family Court Support Worker can not offer legal advice.